Thursday, January 15, 2009

dessert for dinner

IMG_1508 

Since coming to college, I have survived mainly on Amy's frozen meals, milk, cheese, bananas, nuts, juice, canned vegetables, chocolate, chips, salsa, and eggs. Eggs are pretty much the only thing I cook. Everything else gets microwaved or blended or stirred into edible states. I cook eggs because I don't like them raw, microwaved, blended, or stirred. Truth is, I don't like them much cooked either--but they are a great source of protein and some important vitamins, so I mask their taste with spices and cheese and eat them anyway.

Except tonight, when I needed something delicious and nutritious to get me through the evening and decided to get fancy. There's very little not to like about eggs prepared as pictured above. Served with raspberries and chocolate sauce, these pancakes are my favorite taste of Sweden.

12 comments:

  1. Yumm. I better be careful with the computer, though. If Isak finds out you can make these so well there will be nothing but begging for pannkakor every time he sees you... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. Actually, I'll open the offer of a free Swedish pancake meal to any commenters who visit my apartment to collect. :) Isak gets a home delivery option, good for this weekend only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you make them with rice flour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a gluten-free flour mix this time. I also have rice flour, though--I should try them with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't I get home delivery? After all, silly, I'm your favorite little sister! I would even go for your-apartment-delivery, but getting there is a problem. I should make some of those soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting to your home is a problem for me too.

    I think it's funny that this post is the one that got the most comments. I would switch to being a cooking blog, except those pancakes are basically the only thing I've cooked in half a year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad. Du måste komma för att jag saknar dig.

    The Swedish book you brought me is really strange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And no, don't switch to a cooking blog -- because I would stop following it it you only posted about cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You would stop following it, but you would comment 3 times on each cooking entry? =P

    The book I brought you is awesome. Have you been reading it? And when I see you online again I have Swedish class stories to tell you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think rice flour alone would have enough elasticity - that's why I asked.

    ReplyDelete