Wednesday, January 21, 2009

cleaning checks

Today we got our job sheet for cleaning checks. Looks like my roommate gets the easy work this month: nothing!

IMG_1555

Also, I have been being a problem student. I kind of got in trouble in my Swedish class today. The teacher is young and fun so I joke around a lot in class. Today the joking was so silly that I emailed a friend about it during class, and then I started giggling. Here is the slightly edited email:

I'm a goofball. It's your fault.

Here is part of the transcript of Swedish 202 today, translated into English so I can type it faster:
Teacher: Imagine that someone tries to steal your bike. I mean a bike that belongs to all four of you. A four-seater tandem I guess. How would you react? I mean, you're not just going to let him walk off with your bike, right?


silence.

Teacher: Catherine, you're smiling. What would you do?
CDU (Catherine den Underbara): I would say, "Go ahead!"--because seriously, who's gonna be able to ride a 4-seater bike all by themselves? And if he succeeded, I would probably yell "Hey! Bring back my limo-bike!" (my friend asked how you say "limo-bike" in Swedish. In class, I just swedishized it into "leemo-bajk")


5 minutes later

Teacher: Imagine that you see in the Daily Universe that BYU is going to reassign half of the student parking spaces to teachers. How would you react to that?
CDU: I wouldn't--who needs a car when you have a 4-seater bike?

2 comments: