Wednesday, May 20, 2009

vanity

 

             IMG_1853

My new system of organization involves a "top five" list of daily priorities. Number four today was "get a haircut" and so far it's the only one I have checked off.

This is the first time I've made a major change in my hair since 6th grade. I like it, but am waiting to see how it holds up to neglect. I told the haircutter "low-maintenance" and she accommodated by only using four products and two styling tools.

I own shampoo and a brush. No blow-dryer, no flat-iron, no shine serums or finishing sprays. Tomorrow I'll wash it and find out whether I miss its silky shine enough to turn into a girly girl.

5 comments:

  1. I like the cut... and the concept of "low maintenance." I just don't know if I could ever part with my flat iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm curious to see what it looks like just cut and dried...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I certainly don't use anything except shampoo and a brush on my hair, which is probably why it's always way messy and why I almost never wear it down.
    (and nice Procrastination poster in the background - I have exactly the same one in my room =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirsten: when I stacked up my posters for moving, the combined slogans of one of my Grand posters and the demotivator read "Celebrate the Grand Legacy: Procrastination." It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cut!! And I highly recommend a flat iron. One minute with a flat iron can be the difference between me looking presentable all day and me flinching every time I see my reflection. =P And I'm a pretty low-maintanaince girl (at least when it comes to hair) .

    ReplyDelete