Wednesday, May 13, 2009

25 truths

In the middle of February, having been tagged an absurd number of times to fill out 25 things lists, I created one. I titled it "fashionably late" and then I left it in my drafts folder for three more months.

Now it's outdated. For example, number five on my list was "I don't like ice-cream"--but by some bizarre twist of fate, I've gained a deep appreciation for chocolate ice-cream since February and now sometimes crave it. All this after a lifetime of not caring for it in any form other than home-made vanilla with more milk than cream and freshly blended fudge sauce made from scratch.

Encouraged by this change in tastes, I made an effort to be brave and try raw salmon in the form of sushi; it tasted just fine but a lifetime of revulsion got to my throat and I couldn't swallow. Sad.

Yesterday I went back to bed soon after getting up. I've been feeling sick, but the real reason is that I sleep too much. It's become almost a hobby.

When I finally got up, I took out all the trash in the apartment and then tackled the dishes. I washed and dried for over an hour but then one of my roommates came in to help and I abruptly stopped. Five things I hate to be watched doing are:

eating
cleaning
shaving
clipping nails
blogging.

For all these reasons, it's nice to have my own room even though eating in bed has disadvantages like the orange juice I just spilled on my pillow.

I have been eating in my room this morning because the kitchen smells abominable. Last night one of my roommates decided to grind an entire pot of pasta with sauce down the garbage disposal, and the poor disposal vomited it all back up the other drain. Believe me, it ain't pretty. Maintenance promised to come fix it, but hasn't yet. I will head over to the office in an hour if they still haven't come and complain that this really does need to be fixed today. Inspired by this story, I attempted a temporary solution to the stink by pouring baking soda over the whole mess.

But boy am I getting sidetracked. Some things I love to do that most people wouldn't guess are:

physical labor
reading about fashion
learning about childbirth and all related topics
talking to myself
massaging feet.

Five things that make me stare:

cowboy hats (especially if they are black)
dresses
awesome cars
stealth bombers
babies

Five things people don't like about me:

I'm too forceful
I flirt so much no one can tell whether I mean it
I'm lame at parties
I hog pillows
I eat weird food.

Friends, I'm out of random truths. Two random lies:

I want to climb Everest!
and
I love seafood!

Didn't count 25 items? Don't feel bad; me neither.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they fix your disposal soon. Our toilet is still out of commission - turns out it's a city sewer problem, that has to be fixed via our bathroom. Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaryAnne--does that mean the city will pay for the repairs? =)

    ReplyDelete