Saturday, May 23, 2009

cope, kenneth

I made an awful mistake a few days ago. I called a friend this morning and cried on the phone as I related what had happened.  He was kind and provided the friendly support I so needed at that moment.

When we finished talking I reflected on the second verse of a favorite hymn, "Each Life That Touches Ours for Good"

What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

I consider everyone that I know reads this blog to be that kind of friend. Thanks for the kindness and support, my loves.

Even more than Christ-like friends, I'm grateful for the friend I have in Christ.

 


Gethsemane - Kenneth Cope

1 comment:

  1. I know, I know, the embedded player will only do 30 seconds of that particular song. It's worth listening to elsewhere, though. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete