Monday, June 8, 2009

roommates: part 1

       

                   IMG_1887 - Copy

I don't know my roommates very well, and frankly that's not on my Top Ten Grievances list. They are all very nice, but the only interest I seem to share with them is boys--and they've actually got 'em while I just want 'em.

Tonight, however, I bonded with a roommate. It started when she came into the kitchen where I was doing dishes as usual (but with a dishwasher now! thanks be to Mothers Who Know that lazy dishwashers need vinegar) and said "you have eczema, right?"

"yes"

she does too.

We commiserated and compared scars (raising in me questions about the possibility of my marred legs being eczema's work), swapped tips (she said "my doctor told me to stop eating dairy" and we both said "not happening!") discussed medicated lotions and shared stories and embarrassments.

Then we said goodnight.

Right now we are on opposite sides of a wall, applying medicines that only barely help

                                                                  and trying not to scratch.

1 comment:

  1. Those legs look painful, but I'm glad you were able to bond with your roommate

    ReplyDelete