Wednesday, June 24, 2009

mysterious mishaps!

I thought today would be another day in which nothing happened. I was so wrong! After an afternoon in the library and a top secret meeting, I began a long walk home. While walking I discussed between my alter egos questions such as why anyone would build a house this short (yes that is the ground and not some kind of second grassy roof):

IMG_1933 

Unable to solve the mystery, I dropped in at A1 driving to inquire about finally getting my license. Unfortunately, no one there paid any attention to me, and after trying unsuccessfully to figure out if any of the people there were actually staff and not just students, I gave up and left.

Once home I watched two movies: Tara Road (very good) and Sleepless in Seattle (fine, but thoroughly unconvincing). When I watch movies on my own, I turn on subtitles and then watch in fast forward.

Next came a long walk searching for a way into the mountains. No luck, but I did find a lot of dead ends with spectacular views. After that a lot of housework and bribing down dinner with the promise of fudge for dessert. Then phone calls, a couple games of sardines, Mary Kay makeovers, and finally returning to my apartment where I abandoned modesty as usual  (possibly the only advantage to living in an apartment full of girls), and in doing so noticed this rip in my beloved corduroys:

IMG_1935

I mean, seriously! What kind of friends do I have that no one pointed it out? No wonder people were staring at me strangely all night long!

1 comment: