Friday, October 30, 2009

the way things go

Several weeks ago I realized that my deodorant was giving me a rash, so I switched brands. You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find unscented deodorant at regular stores (scents=skin irritants=bad idea for me) but I finally found one labeled in two places as unscented. In the store it smelled like nothing, but I had just finished sniffing Axe deodorants to help a male friend decide which one would please the ladies most, so my nose must have been overwhelmed.

It took me a few days after arriving home to realize something was up. A scent unlike sweat wafted from my underarms. I flipped the deodorant stick over and read the ingredients: right there at the end was listed fragrance. Fragrance? Are you kidding me?

So far, no rash, but I’ve learned not to trust Secret brand product labels.

IMG_2583 

Tattoos I drew during a lazy evening with a friend.

IMG_2585

Entertaining dialogue between one of my roommates and the cleaning check supervisor person.

IMG_2587

        What I found when I opened my   planner the other day. I was correct in anticipating that I would ignore my instructions to “See Anthro Syllabus. Important!” unless something was due.

Tonight I am going to see the play “Absent Friends” with my awesome friend David.

Then it will be weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very sensitive to most deodorants. My favorite for many years (because it doesn't give me a rash) is Almay Hypoallergenic. It's out there, but not always easy to find. Pharmacies are usually a better bet than grocery stores because they often have a better selection.

    ReplyDelete