Sunday, October 18, 2009

garbage moments

IMG_2579

A quirk all of my roommates sooner or later have remarked on is my eagerness to take the trash out.

Since this is something people frequently ask me about, I periodically come up with different excuses for this lone example of Catherine the Neat.

Lately I’ve been citing the cartoon Rose is Rose, in which Jumbo and Rose often fight over who gets to take the trash out and have a magical “garbage moment” surveying the beauty of nature.

While I can’t claim to do it only for the view, it certainly helps.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope no one is throwing away that beautiful tree... =)

    I think taking out the garbage sounds like a wonderful excuse to get outside and enjoy the fresh air and "garbage moments" (which could probabably include potential socializing). And I'm sure your roommates don't mind you taking the chance. =) Now just convince my boys to do the same...

    ReplyDelete