Wednesday, September 9, 2009

this happiness thing


After learning that the last medication I had been prescribed (by a doctor I visited because mine was not available that day) was highly addictive, frequently used as a recreational drug, popular as a date rape drug, and partly responsible for Michael Jackson's death, I returned to my regular doctor for a second opinion. He put me on a mild mood stabilizer which I am loving. These topics can be kind of sensitive to discuss, but since I am generally a proponent of openness I feel comfortable expressing my appreciation for this miracle of modern medicine. I don't know how long these effects will last, but for these first six days on it I've been feeling like my true self--energetic, spontaneous, productive, happy.

What a good feeling it is.


(Picture: enjoying the hike to Garnet Canyon)

1 comment:

  1. Hope the effects are long term. Now, my normal self is happy and spontaneous, but not particularly productive:-)

    ReplyDelete