Saturday, August 22, 2009

I don’t like nights

when I am unhappy without valid reason, but tonight I’m having one. When logic and emotion disagree it leaves me feeling frantic and discouraged.

TRC (teaching resource center at the missionary training center) today was disjointed and in some ways difficult, but it was clear that the Elders were trying and I felt their testimony as they spoke. They teased me about having different husbands each time that I volunteer, and on the way home Becca and I discussed the difficulty of giving up not only drinking but also all that comes with it (we played the part of drinking buddies in the scenario today) such as the magnificent wine collections many people have and what should happen to them if the owner joins the church.

My hands are healing excellently from my fridge cleaning adventure and I’m contemplating subjecting them to outdoor rock climbing. I tried on climbing gloves today but found it hard to give up the integrity of skin on rock. It is intimately painful and makes me feel entirely in control. The gloves of course were in a store and that was REI, where I collected an excellent sleeping pad that folds up to the size of a water bottle and weighs just 23 ounces. The selling point is that it’s thick enough once inflated to keep space between my bones and the sharp rocks beneath the pad. I can’t sleep with pressure on my bones.

Tomorrow will be a good day and the day after will hopefully be better, and soon I’ll be in school again. I am currently registered for

Personal Finance

Intro to Computer Programming

Self-Defense

Intro to Linguistics (Modern)

The Doctrine and Covenants

LDS History 1805-1844

I want to add Survey of World Religions with the famous Gaskill, and if I succeed in that endeavor I plan to drop LDS History since three religion classes at once is getting a bit heavy.

1 comment:

  1. When we were in Vienna I once tasted some delicious grape juice bottled in wine bottles--a family who owned a vineyard and wine-making business had joined the church years before, and had chosen to convert their business into a grape-juice production operation. It was really, really good juice!

    ReplyDelete