Sunday, February 15, 2009

beloveds of mine

It turns out that there's really no better company than siblings (and siblings-in-law) to have on valentine's day. The five of us went out for Thai food and shared some eight or ten dishes. Delicious! A masterful marriage of sugar and spice of the curry variety, with veggies and chicken and coconut milk adding flavor. Then we hung out at Becca's nearby apartment, where we rolled jollily about on the carpet and snacked on Swedish candy three months past its expiration date and debated whether or not I can appropriately call my brother-in-law "honey-in-law" and "sweetie-in-law" and similar things and discussed favorite books and praised our wonderful mother.

Tomorrow I am going on a road trip with Elisabeth to visit my favorite aunt. I want to discuss the Massacre at Mountain Meadows book with her and have only read half of it so far (excellent book, I highly recommend it) so I am going to see how much more I can read before sleep hits. The rest will have to happen in the car on the way up.

3 comments:

  1. Woah, can you read in cars without getting super sick?
    And of course, siblings are always the best company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get sick reading in the car, but was going to brave it since reading about massacres makes me kind of sick no matter where I am. I finished the book last night so I will just be recapping and taking notes on the way up now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. I even tried reading in a bus, in hope that I wouldn't get quite so sick being so far off the ground (that always makes a huge difference for me). I still got sick, but if I concentrated enough about not getting sick it wasn't too bad. =)

    Ma liked this post.

    ReplyDelete