Sunday, May 31, 2009

wishful thinking

I really didn't want to be here this morning. I sent my spirit to Salt Lake to listen to my dear friend เจคอบ deliver his farewell talk before leaving for the land of smiles. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to get the rest of me there. Blame it on the weight I'm gaining from my meds (a pound a week; how long can that really continue?). OK, to be fair, it's more the fault of UTA and TRAX for not offering transport from Provo to SLC before 9 a.m. on a Sunday. Unreasonable, right? Missions are a good thing and I'm glad he's going, but it's still hard to accept that it will be two years before I see his shining face again. Unless I happen to run into him at the MTC. Or he sends pictures. Or Thailand closes down due to Swine Flu and he gets transferred back to BYU to call me to repentance.

             smiles

Safe journey, friend! You'll have more letters from me than you'll know what to do with.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so honored. Really. I didn't see this til right now. You know how to make me cry just like my sisters do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that he'd better send pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete